WA-APCD Data Requests
WA-APCD DATA REQUEST OVERVIEW
Washington State All-Payer Claims Database (WA-APCD) data products feature longitudinal data from 2014 onward, updated quarterly, with eligibility and claims data for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage market sectors and includes over 54 million covered lives. A master patient index allows users to follow patients over time and across payers. Allowed cost data is available at the medical service-line level to support value-based care management.
Lead Organization (LO) staff members are available via email ([email protected]) or meeting to help answer your questions along the way and can provide assistance with:
- Identifying the best ways to tailor data requests to make best use of the WA-APCD data
- Understanding WA-APCD data privacy and security requirements
- Calculating a cost estimate based on your request
- Explaining the process by which your application will be reviewed
Not sure what might be valuable to your organization?
- Learn which data you are eligible to receive
- Browse, search, and filter the most recent data available in the WA-APCD
- Review our data products
- Discover how other people are using WA-APCD data
READY TO GO?
In managing the data release process, the WA-APCD balances the State’s interest in promoting public reporting of health care information with careful adherence to privacy and security safeguards and appropriate data uses. Release of WA-APCD data is allowable provided the data request is approved per the criteria established by the WA-APCD Lead Organization which is guided by the WA-APCD statute (Chapter 43.371 RCW), rules (Chapter 182-70 WAC), and the WA-APCD Data Release Advisory Committee.